Birthright Blues Project

Birthright Blues Project
The Juke

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Longview, TX Player's Club to C & C Guitars, Paris, TX

Whew, we're home and unloaded!  I finally got home around 6:15 this evening although I dropped Jack off at about a quarter to six on the road while I went to pick up our daughter at dance.  And I made it there before I was supposed to, so even though we've spent the last 24 hours on the road, I was where I needed to be when I needed to be there.  Thank God for my Dad, because we couldn't have done the last week without his help.  After a couple of beers with Dad and dinner with the kids, we unloaded the truck into the Juke under the light of a beautiful moon starting to rise.  We played the Texas Players Club last night in Longview, which is a hell of a drive from here.  Thankfully, my bestie lives in Gladewater on the banks of the Sabine, so we had a nearby place to spend the night.
The Texas Players Club in Longview, Texas is a typical Texas nightclub.  We played on a Wednesday night and didn't know what kind of crowd would attend, but we were pleasantly surprised.  They had a decent crowd of regulars and there were tables that we drew in, so the club, while not full, was crowded.  And when we were finished for the night and outside cooling off, several groups told us how much they enjoyed what we played, and that's always nice.  Of course, nothing can quite compare with last week's experience.  We jammed out for a while, drank a few beers, and headed for Sam and Doreen's.  There was an assortment of eats waiting on us, and a bed for Jack and I and a couch for the drummer.  After waking up for the check in call with the kiddos, we slept in a while and headed to Chicken E for breakfast.  Doreen has her store looking great and I guarantee it is the cleanest fast food joint in Texas, and she fed us and we visited with her and Sam (a Birthright Blues Project co-writer) before we headed from the Louisiana Line to the Oklahoma Line to see our guitar man, Jack, at C & C guitars.  Jack played a 67 Sunburst 335 thru a Fender Superreverb as I drooled over the  68 Mustang Bass, and there was and amazing 330t with a single p90 mounted in the middle, 1960 model with case candy.  The vintage man, Jack Crabb, reach him at 903-737-9960.  Tell Jack Jack sent ya.  The two Jacks rewired an American Stratocaster and I left with a Boss Bass Overdrive Pedal :) Then we headed back to Celeste and our forest.  I am ever so glad to be home with a few days to rest before ChiggerFest in Cooper, Texas, where I know I'll get to visit with a lot of friends and play in front of our "following", those guys and gals who have supported the BBP since the beginning.  And I've got something for them, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment